• Breaking News: Two-Car Accident Closes Orinda Eastbound 24 Entrance at 7:30am January 30, 2014

Swimmers Build Team Chemistry

Annie Odell, Business Manager
March 9, 2012
Filed under Sports

The Miramonte swim team has begun working for another season of excellence. Although the “Super-Mats” season began less than a month ago, captains Kyle Weikert ‘12, Tennyson May ‘12, Charlie Wiser ‘13, Jenna Haufler ‘12, Kelly Noah ‘12, and Sam Swinton ‘12 have already begun reviving... Read More »

Girls’ Soccer Returns

Annie Odell, Business Manager
February 3, 2012
Filed under Sports

The varsity girls’ soccer team continues to work hard as they reach the midpoint of their season. The team beat Las Lomas 4-1 Wed. Jan. 4 . The team tied against Dublin High School 1-1 on Wed. Jan. 25 and tied against Alhambra 1-1 on Fri. Jan. 27. After losing key forward Mackenzie Martin, the team... Read More »

Volleyball Climbs Up League Standings

Volleyball Climbs Up League Standings

Annie Odell, Business Manager
November 4, 2011
Filed under Sports

The girl’s varsity volleyball team has continued the season with a nearly undefeated league record. Recently, on Oct. 4 the team beat Las Lomas within five games scoring 25-20 in the first, 25-22 in the second, 23-25 in the third, 20-25 in the fourth and 15-9 in the fifth. On Oct. 6, the Mats beat... Read More »

Men’s Water Polo Shoots and Scores

Annie Odell, Business Manager
September 30, 2011
Filed under Sports

The Boy’s Water Polo team began the season with a win. On Saturday, Aug. 27 the team scrimmaged St. Francis High School and “beat them pretty handily,” said Captain Charlie Wiser ‘13. The weekend of Friday, Sept. 16 the boys traveled to Santa Barbara to compete in a tournament. They won fourth... Read More »

Increased Burglary in Orinda

Annie Odell
May 31, 2011
Filed under News

Orinda has experienced a rise in the number of residential burglaries during the past couple of months. According to Jeanette Irving of the Orinda Police Department, there have been eight incidents reported on Alice Ln., Oak Rd., and Spring Rd., and three on Las Vegas, Claremont, and Via Farallon Ave.... Read More »

Baseball Swings Deep

Baseball Swings Deep

Annie Odell, Staff Writer
April 25, 2011
Filed under Sports

The baseball team continues the season with a strong sense of determination, hard work and commitment. Luckily most of the teams starting athletes are returning from last year, and the new additions are a great help. “The new additions have made a big impact this year” said Drew Jackson ‘12.... Read More »

Track and Field Is Off and Running in DFAL

Annie Odell
March 11, 2011
Filed under Sports

The track and field team begins the season with a strong sense of determination, hard work and commitment. After losing coaches Chris Puppioni and Brian Henderson, along with the team’s pole vaulting and hurdles coach, the team is pushing themselves to continue their history of excellence. “A... Read More »

Men’s Soccer Team Tries to Pick Up the Pace

Annie Odell
February 4, 2011
Filed under Sports

The men’s varsity soccer team continues the season with an even stronger sense of determination and commitment. After loser key players Eric Sassano, Michael Pitt, and Trevor Gorham to graduation last year, the new team is excited to reach their goals and prove themselves in league this year. They... Read More »

Miramonte Public Speaking Leaves Judges Speechless

Annie Odell
December 7, 2010
Filed under News, Top Stories

“The Public Speaking tournament made my break,” said captain Phillip Chang ‘11. On Nov. 20, Miramonte’s Public Speaking team traveled to Pinole Valley High School to compete in their second Individual Events tournament. At this tournament, abbreviated IE 2, students give a ten minutes speech... Read More »