• Breaking News: Two-Car Accident Closes Orinda Eastbound 24 Entrance at 7:30am January 30, 2014

Eagle and Gold Projects Enhance Community

Jessica Coleman, Staff Writer
April 25, 2011
Filed under Feature

Miramonte is home to many Girl Scouts and Boy Scouts, many of whom have been involved since their elementary years. After years of commitment, upperclassmen are required to spend extensive amounts of energy and time to gain the Gold Award or Eagle Scout Award, the highest achievement in the Girl... Read More »

New Year’s Resolutions at Miramonte

Jessica Coleman
January 18, 2011
Filed under Feature, Top Stories

As 2011 begins, students at Miramonte see January as the opportunity to set personal goals and conquer them. From self-improvement goals to overarching hopes, students are taking advantage of the new year and making changes to their lives. Some students are willing to eliminate sweets from their diet... Read More »

Simmons’ Project: Challenge Yourself

Jessica Coleman
December 16, 2010
Filed under Feature

Jon Krakauer’s novel Into the Wild uncovers the story of Chris McCandless, a young man who ventured into the wilderness in order to escape high expectations, family issues and materialism within society. With little help from others, he traveled without money or shelter to various destinations... Read More »

Police Patrol Continues

Jessica Coleman
November 5, 2010
Filed under News

The constant presence of the police on the main roads of Orinda has led students to speculate a change in police policy. However, no policies have recently been altered. The roads are watched as carefully as they have been for years. “Our policy is the same,” said Officer Kevin Mooney. “There... Read More »

Cheerleading Gains Recognition as Sport

Jessica Coleman
October 1, 2010
Filed under Sports

“Who’s got the beat, say what, the Mats got the beat!” The 2010-2011 Miramonte Cheerleaders have started the year strong with a promotion to official Miramonte sport. Each cheerleader was required to have a physical and sign medical forms, making the statement that their craft is more than pom-poms... Read More »

Music Classes Rock Performances

Jessica Coleman
May 28, 2010
Filed under News

The band and orchestra performed in a festival at San Ramon High School on April 30, and the choir competed on May 1 at an event sponsored by the California Music Educators Association. The orchestra performed an Allegro by Antonio Salieri, “Russlan and Ludmilla” by Glinka, and “Shenandoah”. All... Read More »

Cheerleaders Place First at Nationals

Jessica Coleman and Jessica Coleman
April 23, 2010
Filed under News

The Miramonte Cheerleading squad made their debut as the first competitive cheer team in the Acalanes district when they placed first at the NCA Nationals Competition in Los Angeles. They competed in the small team division against teams that had up to three stunt groups, compared to their single one.... Read More »

Cheerleaders Place First at Nationals

Jessica Coleman and Jessica Coleman
April 23, 2010
Filed under News

Grad Night Nears

Jessica Coleman and Jessica Coleman
April 23, 2010
Filed under News

As June approaches, many seniors are debating how to celebrate the end of their high school career. Meanwhile, parents are laboring over Grad Night, a party thrown for the seniors after their graduation ceremony. This celebration has been controversial since the massive district budget cuts, but many... Read More »

Grad Night Nears

Jessica Coleman and Jessica Coleman
April 23, 2010
Filed under News

Girls Should Break Tradition and Ask Boys to Prom

Jessica Coleman
March 12, 2010
Filed under Opinion

Most traditions deserve to be honored. However, some are old-fashioned and need to be thrown away, updated,  and replaced. Girls place supreme importance on one event each year: prom. They obsess over dresses, makeup, shoes, and hairstyles. They also fret over dates. The tradition and rule of the... Read More »

Challenge Day Fails to Unite Students

Jessica Coleman
December 17, 2009
Filed under Opinion

Adolescence can be challenging. Balancing academic, extra-curricular activities and a social life is nearly impossible. Challenge Day, a program that Miramonte ran the past couple of years, helps to overcome challenges by bringing a community together. While the initial impact of the program was successful... Read More »