Athlete of the Issue: Jamie Fehrnstrom

Athlete of the Issue: Jamie Fehrnstrom

Tennyson May, Former Sports Editor
May 25, 2012
Filed under Sports, Top Stories

You’ve probably seen him running around town after school in only short shorts. Miramonte’s crazy fast runner Jamie Fehrnstrom is the Mirador’s final Athlete of the Issue for the year. After moving to Orinda from Sonoma freshman year, Fehrnstrom decided to give water polo a shot, thinking it would... Read more »

Men’s Golf Swings Towards NCS Spot

Tennyson May, Sports Editor
April 20, 2012
Filed under Sports

After losing their first match, the golf team has been hot, winning the rest of their league matches and placing third at the Monarch Bay Tournament. The six-man team consists of Patrick Fabian ‘13, Kevin Swimmer ‘13, Taylor Campbell ‘13, Dominic Paoletti ‘14, Scott Guidotti ‘15,... Read more »

Baseball Welcomes New Players

Baseball Welcomes New Players

Tennyson May, Sports Editor
March 8, 2012
Filed under Sports

The men’s baseball team looks to have yet another successful season with a fresh, almost completely new starting lineup. Despite returning only three starters from last year’s team, the boys still have high expectations for the season. “People think we don’t stand a chance, but I have high... Read more »

Boys’ Soccer Improves Record With New Coach

Tennyson May, Sports Editor
February 3, 2012
Filed under Sports, Top Stories

With a new year, new coach, and new faces on the team, the boys’ soccer team got off to its best start in four years. As of now, they are 2-4-2 in league and 5-9-4 overall. Despite not exactly dominating, the team is currently doing better than past seasons, such as the winless 2010 season. Much... Read more »

Lady Mats Battle Second Half Woes

Lady Mats Battle Second Half Woes

Tennyson May
November 4, 2011
Filed under Uncategorized

On Oct. 15, the girls water polo team won the Western States tournament for the first time in the history of the program. The Western States tournament, a prestigious tournament located in Modesto, was comprised of 50 high school teams, and the Lady Mats fought their way through their tough competition,... Read more »

Mats Football Dominates Analy

Tennyson May
October 1, 2010
Filed under Sports

On Sept 3, the Miramonte Football team defeated the Analy Tigers 21-7 and won the first game of the season. Despite a slow start, the Mats found their rhythm and played a great second half. “It was exciting,” said Captain and returning starter Anthony Piganelli ‘11, “I feel like although it... Read more »