A History of Mystifying Sports Trades

Trevor Rechnitz, Online EIC
April 20, 2012
Filed under Sports

How many of us have played the role-playing GM game at least once in our lives? We say “if I were running this team, things would be a whole hell of a lot different,” and then we put the footrest up, take another sip of our drink and keep cheering for someone to blindside Tim Tebow. In the good old... Read more »

Housewives Facilitate Efficient Familial System

Trevor Rechnitz, Online EIC
March 9, 2012
Filed under Opinion

Is it okay for a Miramonte senior girl to want only to be a mom and a housewife? Yes. After a controversial survey in a senior Gov/Econ class, a striking number of girls planned on getting married young and starting a family without even considering a career. So what’s the issue with Miramonte women... Read more »

Giants Look to Upgrade Offense in Offseason

Trevor Rechnitz, Online EIC
December 15, 2011
Filed under Sports

After a disappointing 2011, the San Francisco Giants have work to do in the offseason in order to return to the playoffs in 2012. As one of the few teams in MLB history to win the World Series and then fail to make the playoffs the following year, the Giants, as usual, need a big bat to fill the middle... Read more »

Athlete of the Issue: Nicholas Bhachu

Athlete of the Issue: Nicholas Bhachu

Trevor Rechnitz, Online EIC
December 15, 2011
Filed under Sports

Balancing high school and club soccer, varsity football, and a passion for fashion is no easy undertaking, but soccer captain Nicholas Bhachu manages to do it all. After being on the varsity team for three years, Bhachu has an unseen advantage over the other players on the pitch.  “The upper classmen... Read more »

NBA Lockout Explained for the Uninformed

Trevor Rechnitz, Online EIC
November 4, 2011
Filed under Sports, Top Stories, Uncategorized

The NBA and NBA Players Association have failed to reach an agreement, so the NBA is officially shutdown, or locked out. Now what does it mean to be in a lockout? Players and team officials, including coaches and staff are denied any contact with their players. No player or staff member gets their... Read more »

Giants Looking for a World Series repeat

Trevor Rechnitz, Staff Writer
March 11, 2011
Filed under Sports

by Trevor Rechnitz Yes Giants fans, that World Series really happened. But for all of you band-wagoners who only tuned in for NLCS and World Series thrillers, allow me to fill you in on the World Series champions’ offseason happenings. World Series cornerstone Juan Uribe decided he’d... Read more »

Top Sales of the Year or Innocent Lives: You Choose

Trevor Rechnitz
December 16, 2010
Filed under Opinion

For a time of giving thanks and appreciating what you have been blessed with, the shopping tradition of “Black Friday” epitomizes everything that’s wrong with the holiday season. What better way to bring out the evil in people than to put thousands of them in a Best Buy parking lot and tell them... Read more »

Golden State Warriors Can’t Hit Their Stride: Key players need to perform better if the Warriors intend to contend in the West

Trevor Rechnitz
December 16, 2010
Filed under Sports

Trying to bounce back from a 26-56 2009-2010 season, the Golden State Warriors pulled a blockbuster trade, switched head coaches and switched owners.  In order to pick up Knicks superstar David Lee, the Warriors  had to sacrifice to say the least.  Giving up players like Corey Maggette, Anthony Randolph... Read more »

Women’s Volleyball Starts Off Year With Bang

Trevor Rechnitz
October 1, 2010
Filed under Sports

After a successful ‘09-‘10 season, placing third in NCS, Miramonte women’s volleyball lost five key seniors and needs a year to rebuild. However, after wins against Acalanes and Alhambra, the Mats are 2-0 in DFAL, a postive start to the regular season. According to Sarah Vaccaro ‘12, “we... Read more »